Cowper, illustrated by a series of views : in, or near, the park of Weston-Underwood, Bucks. : accompanied with copious descriptions, and a brief sketch of the poet's life.
- London : Printed by J. Swan ... and published by Vernor and Hood, Poultry; James Storer and John Greig, engravers, Chapel Street, Pentonville, 1803.
- Physical Description:
- 51 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3383 S8 1803Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 1974 +133: 27 cm. In case: 38 cm. Without the text (51 p.). Label on cover: Illustrations of the poems of Cowper, from designs by Craig [sic] ...
Plates drawn and engraved by James Sargant Storer and John Greig.
BEIN 1974 +133: Provenance: This copy has the bookplate of Chauncey Brewster Tinker.
BAC: Bound with: Views in North Britain : illustrative of the works of Robert Burns / James Sargant Storer. London : Vernor and Hood, 1805. Views in Suffolk, Norfolk, and Northampton / E.W. Brayley. London : Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe ..., 1806.
By James Storer and John Greig. Cf. Halkett & Laing.
Added engraved t.p..
- Subject Terms:
- Cowper, William, 1731-1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1803.Swan, J. -- Printer.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Bookplate.Vernor and Hood -- Publisher.Weston Underwood (England)
YCBA Collections Search
Storer, James, 1771-1853, Cowper, illustrated by a series of views , 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.