Picturesque views in England and Wales / from drawings by J. M. W. Turner ; engraved under the superintendence of Charles Heath ; with descriptive and historic illus. by H. E. Lloyd.
- London : Longman, Orme, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1 : all ill. ; 61 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 34 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 34 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Illustrations by Edward Goodall, Robert Wallis, W. R. Smith, John Charles Varrall, Robert Brandard, William Miller, James Tibbetts Willmore, Thomas Jeavons, William Radclyffe, Charles Westwood, William Tombleson, James Baylis Allen, J. Henshall, James H. Kernot, John Horsburgh, William John Cooke, Samuel Fisher, James C. Redaway; after J. M. W. Turner.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound in one volume. Copy 2 is in two volumes and is proof copy before publication information added to plates. Most plates have engraver and artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Views.Longman, Orme, Brown, Green and Longmans -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1838.Wales -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851, Picturesque views in England and Wales , 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.