Buchanan's initiatory drawing lessons : for the use of writing academies & private families : engraved series, to be copied with the pen.
- Additional Title(s):
Initiatory drawing lessons
- Second edition.
- Edinburgh : Published by R. Buchanan, 20, George Street, and D. Lizars, 5 St. David Street; G. B. Whittaker, London; and W. Curry, Jun. & Co. Dublin, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p., 43 leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 .B83 1828+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 .B83 1828+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by W.H. Lizars, R. Buchanan, J. Stuart, and J. Swan; after J. Stuart, Eliza Buchanan, G. Buchanan, C. Buchanan, and W. McWhirter.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, both bound in marbled paper boards. Illustrated label mounted on front cover. Copy 1 with bookplate of Dorothea Paget. Both copies have bound with it: Lecture (delivered in Glasgow) on the usefulness, practicability, and method of teaching initiatory drawing, or sketching, as a common branch of education. Greenock, 1830.
- Subject Terms:
- Buchanan, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1828.Etching -- Specimens -- 1828.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lizars, D., -- Publisher.Paget, Dorothea -- Bookplate.W. Curry, Jun. & Co. -- Publisher.Whittaker, G. B. -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.