The principles of practical perspective, or, Scenographic projection : containing universal rules for delineating designs on various surfaces and taking views from nature by the most simple and expeditious methods, to which are added, rules for shadowing, and the elements of painting, the whole treated in a manner calculated to render the science of perspective and the art of drawing easy of attainment to every capacity : illustrated with fifty-one plates / by Richard Brown ; architect and professor of perspective.
- Additional Title(s):
Principles of practical perspective
- London : Printed for Samuel Leigh, in the Strand: sold also by R. Ackermann, Repository of the Arts, 101, Strand; J. Harding, St. James's Street; and J. Taylor, Architectural Library, High Holborn, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 96 p., 51 leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .B76 1815+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by T.L Busby; after Richard Brown.
Printed by L. Harrison & J.C. Leigh, 373, Strand.
British Architectural Library. Early Imprints Collection. Early printed books, 1478-1840. London : Bowker-Saur, 1994-, 436
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks plates 36 and 39.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Harding, J. -- Publisher.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Leigh, J.C. -- Printer.Leigh, Samuel -- Publisher.Painting -- Study and teaching.Perspective -- Technique.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1873.
YCBA Collections Search
Brown, Richard, architect, The principles of practical perspective, or, Scenographic projection , 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.