Buckler, Charles Alban, 1824-, The cathedral, or abbey church of Iona , 1866
- The cathedral, or abbey church of Iona : a series of drawings, and descriptive letterpress of the ruins / by the Messrs. Bucklers, architects, Oxford ; and some account of the early Celtic church, and of the mission of St. Columba, by the Right Rev. the Bishop of Argyll and the Isles.
- Alternate Title(s):
- London : Day and Son, 1866.
- Physical Description:
- , 78 p.,  leaves of plates : ill.; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA548.I7 B83 1866+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: Iona.
With tinted lithographs, unsigned.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original chromolithographed boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbey of Iona (Iona, Scotland)Church architecture -- Scotland.Church history -- 6th century.Columba, Saint, 521-597.Day and Son -- Publisher.Scotland -- Antiquities.
- Chromolithographs -- 1866.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1866.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.