The Builder's magazine, or, Monthly companion for architects, carpenters, masons, bricklayers, &c. : as well as for every gentleman who would wish to be a competent judge of the elegant and necessary art of building ... / by a society of architects.
- Additional Title(s):
Monthly companion for architects, carpenters, masons, bricklayers, &c.
- London : Printed by the authors, and sold by F. Newberry, 1774.
- Physical Description:
- 2, 345, 100 p.,  leaves : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA31 B8 1774+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- No dates of publication appear on the parts as rearranged for binding, except that plates 48-185 are dated Sept. 1, 1775-Oct. 1, 1778.
"Alphabetical description of the terms of art which are used in building ... ": p. 1-306.
No more published.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v.19, 120
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 67
Illustrations by John Royce, G. Burder, Proud, and William Watts; after John Carter.
Later editions appeared under title: New builders magazine and complete architectural library.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Beaumont, Richard Blackett, b.1926 -- Bookplate.Building -- Dictionaries -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.Etching -- Specimens -- 1774.Newberry, F. -- Publisher.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1774.
YCBA Collections Search
The Builder's magazine, or, Monthly companion for architects, carpenters, masons, bricklayers, &c. , 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.