Narrative of a visit to the court of Sinde at Hyderabad on the Indus : illustrated with plates and a map : with a sketch of the history of Rutch : and an appendix / by James Burnes.
- Edinburgh : Bell & Bradfute, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 168, xviii, 74, 73.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS485.S6 B87 1839Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 461
BAC: Spine title reads: Visit to the court of Sinde.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind-stamped green publisher's cloth.
Printed by Alex. Lawrie & Co., North Bank Street, Edinburgh.
Illustration by Leith & Smith; after W[illiam] C[ornwallis] Harris.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell & Bradfute -- Publisher.India -- Description and travel.Kachchh (India) -- History.Lawrie (Alex.) & Co. -- Printer.Leith & Smith -- Printer.Sindh (Pakistan) -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Burnes, James, 1801-1862, Narrative of a visit to the court of Sinde at Hyderabad on the Indus , 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.