IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on light and shade in painting , 1829
Practical hints on light and shade in painting : illustrated by examples from the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools / by John Burnet.
- Third edition.
- London, Printed for the proprietor, and sold by James Carpenter and Son, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 45 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 B8 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Later published as part of a work, by the author, with title: A treatise on painting, in four parts.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick.
Illustrations by John Burnet; after Rembrandt, Van Dyke, Metzu, Titian, G. Dow, Correggio, P. Nolpe, Culp, P. Potter, A. Vandivelde, Claude, J. Ostade, Hondekooter, Wouvermans, Teniers, and Frank Hals.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1829.Painting.Perspective.Shades and shadows.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.