Practical hints on light and shade in painting : illustrated by examples from the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools / by John Burnet.
- Additional Title(s):
Burnet on light and shade in painting.
- Seventh edition.
- London : J.& J. Leighton, 1864.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 45,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 B8 1864+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Later published as part of a work, by the author, with title: A treatise on painting, in four parts.
Printed by Strangeways and Walden, Printers, 28 Castle St., Leicester Sq.
BAC: Bound in original boards, as issued. Label on front cover: Burnet on light and shade in painting.
BAC: Advertisement for Burnet's Treatise on painting:  p. at end.
a Illustrations by John Burnet; after Rembrandt, Van Dyke, Metzu, itian, G. Dow, Correggio, P. Nolpe, Culp, P. Potter, A. Vandivelde, Claude, Jstade, Hondekooter, Wouvermans, Teniers, and Frank Hals.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1864.Leighton, J. & J. -- Publisher.Painting.Perspective.Shades and shadows.Strangeways and Walden -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on light and shade in painting , 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.