Bruce, James, 1730-1794, Travels to discover the source of the Nile , 1804-1805
Travels to discover the source of the Nile : in the years 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772, & 1773 / by James Bruce.
- Second edition, corrected and enlarged ; to which is prefixed a life of the author.
- Edinburgh : Printed by James Ballantyne, for Archibald Constable and Co., 1804-1805.
- Physical Description:
- 8 v. : ill. ; 22-30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT377 B88 1804+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations engraved by James Heath.
"Appendix to the travels to discover the source of the Nile containing a selection of natural history": v.7, p.-354.
Vol. 8 contains the plates and maps.
Preface signed: A[lexander] Murray.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks plate 50.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballantyne, James -- Printer.Carmichael, Peter, 1940- -- Bookplate.Constable (Archibald) and Co. -- Publisher.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Imprints -- 1804-1805.Egypt -- Description and travel.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1804-1805.Etching -- Specimens -- 1804-1805.Ethiopia -- Description and travel.Ethiopia -- History.Natural history -- Ethiopia.Nile River.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1804-1805.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.