Burton, Richard Francis, Sir, 1821-1890, Personal narrative of a pilgrimage to El-Medinah and Meccah , 1855-1856
Personal narrative of a pilgrimage to El-Medinah and Meccah / by Richard F. Burton.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1855-1856.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS207 .B964 1855Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 368
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blue publishers cloth.
BAC: Binding label reads: Bound by Edmonds & Remnants, London.
Printed by A. And G.A. Spottiswoode, New Street Square.
"List of plates" appears in v. 3 only.
V. 2 has four appendices: 1. A Murshid's diploma -- 2. The navigation ... of Ludovicus -- 3. The pilgrimage of Joseph Pitts -- 4. Giovanni Finati.
Illustrations by Hanhart; after R. Burton and J. Brandard.
Penzrt, N. An annotated bibliography of Sir Richard Francis Burton, p. 49-50.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian Peninsula -- Description and travel.Edmonds & Remnants -- Binder.Hanhart, Michael & Nicholas -- Printer.Islam.Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans -- Publisher.Mecca (Saudi Arabia) -- Description and travel.Medina (Saudi Arabia) -- Description and travel.Muslim pilgrims and pilgrimages -- Saudi Arabia -- Mecca.Spottiswoode, A. and G.A. -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1855-1856.
Wood engravings -- 1855-1856.
Lithographs -- 1855-1856.
- Vol. I. El-Misr
- v. II. El-Medinah
- v. III. Meccah.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.