An essay towards a complete new system of midwifry : theoretical and practical : together with the descriptions, causes, and methods of removing, or relieving the disorders peculiar to pregnant and lying-in women, and new-born infants : interspersed with several new improvements; ... all drawn up and illustrated with several curious observations, and eighteen copper-plates in four parts / by John Burton.
- Additional Title(s):
Essay towards a complete new system of midwifery
- London : Printed for James Hodges, 1751.
- Physical Description:
- xix, , 391,  p.,  leaves of plate (some folded) : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRG521 .B95 1751Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Illustrated by George Stubbs.
English short title catalogue, T117270.
George Stubbs, 1724-1806 / [exhibition] Tate Gallery. London, 1984. p. 217.
- Subject Terms:
- Childbirth -- Early works to 1800.Hodges, James -- Publisher.Infants -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Labor (Obstetrics) -- Early works to 1800.Midwifery -- Early works to 1800.Obstetrics -- Early works to 1800.Pregnancy -- Early works to 1800.Pregnancy Complications -- Early works to 1800.Women -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Burton, John, 1710-1771, An essay towards a complete new system of midwifry , 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.