IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Busby, Thomas Lord, The fishing costume and local scenery of Hartlepool, in the county of Durham , 1819
The fishing costume and local scenery of Hartlepool, in the county of Durham / painted and engraved from nature by T.L. Busby.
- London : Printed for J. Nichols and Son ... Colnaghi and Co. ... Rowe and Waller ... T.L. Busby ... and G. Andrews, Durham, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- , 6,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA688 .B85 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engravings by and after Thomas Lord Busby.
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 130
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 154
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. The DA688.B85 1820+ copy is the Abbey copy and is bound with: Busby, Thomas Lord. Costume of the Lower orders of London. London, 1820. Folio A G 17 copy has bound with it: Thirty-nine miscellaneous lithographs of Yorkshire, Scotland, and other parts of Great Britain. London, 1821-22. Armorial bookplate: John Williams.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- England -- Hartlepool -- Pictorial works.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1819.Fishing -- England -- Durham.Hartlepool (England) -- Social life and customs.J. Nichols and Son -- Publisher.Williams, John -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.