Busby, Thomas Lord, The fishing costume and local scenery of Hartlepool, in the county of Durham , 1819
- The fishing costume and local scenery of Hartlepool, in the county of Durham / painted and engraved from nature by T.L. Busby.
- London : Printed for J. Nichols and Son ... Colnaghi and Co. ... Rowe and Waller ... T.L. Busby ... and G. Andrews, Durham, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- , 6,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA688 .B85 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by and after Thomas Lord Busby.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 154
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 130
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. The DA688.B85 1820+ copy is the Abbey copy and is bound with: Busby, Thomas Lord. Costume of the Lower orders of London. London, 1820. Folio A G 17 copy has bound with it: Thirty-nine miscellaneous lithographs of Yorkshire, Scotland, and other parts of Great Britain. London, 1821-22. Armorial bookplate: John Williams.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- England -- Hartlepool -- Pictorial works.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1819.Fishing -- England -- Durham.Hartlepool (England) -- Social life and customs.J. Nichols and Son -- Publisher.Williams, John -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.