A sketch of Assam : with some account of the hill tribes / by an officer in the Hon. East India Company's Bengal native infantry in civil employ.
- London : Smith, Elder, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- vi p., [v]-viii, 220,  p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS485 A86 B87 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 471
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Binder's ticket reads: Bound by Westley's & Clark, London.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement's:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold-stamped red publisher's cloth.
Attributed to John Butler. Cf. Abbey.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous English literature (1926-62 edition),
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v.4, 1169
- Subject Terms:
- Assam (India) -- Description and travel.Assam (India) -- Native races.India -- Description and travel.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1847.Smith, Elder, and co. -- Publisher.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.Westley's & Clark -- Binder.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.