Caledonia romana : a descriptive account of the Roman antiquities of Scotland : preceded by an introductory view of the aspect of the country and the state of its inhabitants in the first century of the Christian era : and by a summary of the historical transactions connected with the Roman occupation of north Britain.
- Edinburgh : Bell & Bradfute ;
London : William Pickering, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 361 p.,  leaves of plates, ( folded) : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA777.5 .S78 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The dedication is signed: Robert Stuart.
Printed by William Eadie & Co.
With tinted lithographs, printed by Allan & Ferguson.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center is no. 7 of 8 large paper copies. Bound in gilt-stamped brown morocco, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Allan & Ferguson -- Printer.Bell & Bradfute -- Publisher.Hadrian's Wall (England)Lithography -- Specimens -- 1845.Pickering, William -- Publisher.Romans -- Scotland.Scotland -- Antiquities, Roman.Scotland -- History.William Eadie & Co. -- Printer.
- An introductory glance at the aspect of North Britain
- Historical transactions of the Romans in North Britain
- The Roman antiquities of North Britain
- The Wall of Antoninus Pius.