Cambridge customs and costumes : containing upwards of one hundred and fifty vignettes / by the author of "Familiar illustrations of the language of mathematics."
- Cambridge : Macmillan and Co.; 1851.
London : Ackermann and Co., 96 Strand, 1851.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 9 leaves : ill. ; 27 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.R64 C36 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to John Lewis Roget. Cf. Halkett & Laing.
"Printed by R. Appel's anastatic process 23 Garrard Street, Soho."--Title page.
Lithographed throughout, including title page.
Halkett & Laing (3rd ed.), v. 1, p. 271
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed paper wrappers, as issued. Ms inscription on cover: Mrs. Weld from the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Academic costume -- England -- Cambridge -- Caricatures and cartoons.Ackermann and Co. -- PublisherCaricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects -- Great Britain.English wit and humor, PictorialGreat Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Macmillan and Co. -- PublisherRoget, John Lewis -- Pres. insc. to Mrs. WeldSatire, English.University of Cambridge -- Students -- ClothingWeld, Mrs. -- Pres. insc. from John Lewis Roget.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
- Lithographs -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Roget, John Lewis, 1828-1908, Cambridge customs and costumes , 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.