Rural scenery : coloured / by Calvert.
- London : Hodgson & Co. 10, Newgate-Street, [ca.1825]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2454 .C35 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from Abbey. Derived from watermark 1824.
With an added engraved title page.
"One pound eight shillings."--Foot of letter-press title page.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 104
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in green half roan and publisher's original illustrated paper-covered boards, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Pictorial works.Church buildings -- England -- Pictorial works.Drawing books -- Specimens.Great Britain -- Rural conditions -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Hodgson & Co. -- Publisher.Landscapes -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Drawing books -- England -- 19th century.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
- No. 1. Mucruss Abbey, Killarney
- 2. Saltwood Castle, Kent
- 3. Ross Castle, Killarney
- 4. Duddingstone Mill, near Edinburgh
- 5. Netley Abbey, near Southampton
- 6. St. Alban's, Hertsfordshire
- 7. Hadleigh, Devonshire
- 8. Northern Salmon Fishery, near Southampton
- 9. Distant view of York
- 10. View near Teignmouth, Devonshire
- 11. View near Truro, Cornwall
- 12. Linlithgow Priory
- 13. Richmond
- 14. Purfleet
- 15. Enniscorthy
- 16. Lullingston, Kent.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.