Caledonian sketches, or, A tour through Scotland in 1807 : to which is prefixed an explanatory address to the public upon a recent trial / by Sir John Carr ...
- Additional Title(s):
Tour through Scotland in 1807
- London : Printed for Mathews and Leigh, in the Strand, by W. Clowes, Northumberland-Court, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- , xxii, , 541,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865 .C37 1809+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Pages [xiv], [xvi], and [xxiv] are blank.
Aquatints from drawings by John Carr.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 488
Advertisements on p. .
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in tree calf. Plates are uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Clowes, W. -- Printer.Mathews and Leigh -- Publisher.Scotland -- Description and travel.Scotland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Aquatints. -- 1809.
- Plates: New Town, Edinburgh, Old Town
- The Esk River
- Stirling Castle
- Inverary & Castle