A series of the ancient painted glass of Winchester cathedral / traced from the windows, and drawn, by Owen B. Carter, architect, Winton ; twenty-eight coloured illustrations in fac-simile, and one key plate.
- London : John Weale, 59, High Holborn, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK5344.W7 C37 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "A portion of the embellishments bestowed upon the choir of that edifice by Bishop Fox, who occupied the see from 1501 to 1528"--Preface.
Engravings by John Le Keux; after Owen Browne Carter.
Lithography by C.F. Cheffins; after Owen Browne Carter.
Printed by A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in maroon boards; rebacked. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Subject Terms:
- Cathedrals -- Great Britain.Glass painting and staining -- Specimens, reproductions, etc.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.Spottiswoode, A. -- Printer.Stained glass windows -- England -- Winchester.Weale, John -- Publisher.Winchester Cathedral.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
YCBA Collections Search
Carter, Owen Browne, 1806-1859, A series of the ancient painted glass of Winchester cathedral , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.