Alle de wercken, so ouden als nieuvven / van de Heer Jacob Cats, oudt Raedtpensionaris van Hollandt, &c. ; doorgaens vermeerdert, en achter met des autheurs tachtigh-jarigh leven, huyshoudinge en bedenckingen op zorgh-vliet.
- Additional Title(s):
Added engraved t.p. has title: Al de werken van I. Cats
- t'Amsterdam : By Jan Jacobsz Schipper, 1658.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations, portrait ; 41 cm (folio)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 31Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added title page engraved by Michiel Mosyn.
A collected folio edition of the works of Cats in 22 parts; with approximately 420 engraved illustrations.
Individual works in this set have separate title pages, with imprint dates ranging from 1655-1657. However, the entire set has a single table of contents.
Vol. 1: , 164, , 26, , -30, , 15, , 195, , , 52, , 180 pages; vol. 2: , 192, , 193-265 [i.e. 261], , , 74, 6, 81-104, 34, , 40 [i.e. 42], , 3-108, , 64, 12 pages.
Vol. 2: p. 261 of 4th count incorrectly numbered 265; page numbers 39 and 40 repeated in 12th count. There are several other errors in the numbering of individual pages.
McGeary & Nash. Emblem books at the University of Illinois, C19
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-tooled vellum, with green silk ties. Some of the illustrations are illuminated with gold or silver. Autograph: Abrahami Dolins ... 1668 ... Amsterdam.
- Subject Terms:
- Conduct of life -- Early works to 1800.Dolins, Abraham -- Autograph.Emblem books, Dutch.Emblems -- Early works to 1800.Proverbs, Dutch -- Early works to 1800.
- Emblem books.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1658.
YCBA Collections Search
Cats, Jacob, 1577-1660, Alle de wercken, so ouden als nieuvven , 1658
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.