Views and costumes of the city and neighbourhood of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil / from drawings taken by Lieutenant Chamberlain during the years 1819 and 1820, with descriptive explanations.
- London : M'Lean, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 41 leaves,  leaves of plate (some fold.) : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF2646 C43 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 707.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Bound in gold- stamped red morocco.
Illustrations by T. Hunt, G. Hunt, H. Alken, and John Clarke; after Lt. Chamberlain.
- Subject Terms:
- Chamberlain family.Howlett and Brimmer -- Printer.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) -- Description -- Views.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Chamberlain, Lieutenant, 1796-1843, Views and costumes of the city and neighbourhood of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil , 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.