Japan and Britain , 1991
- Japan and Britain : an aesthetic dialogue 1850-1930 / edited and with texts by Tomoko Sato and Toshio Watanabe ; with essays by Sir Hugh Cortazzi, Shuji Takashina and Ellen P. Conant.
- London : Lund Humphries in association with Barbican Art Gallery and the Setagaya Art Museum, 1991.
- Physical Description:
- 175 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7354 J27 1991 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 169-172) and artist index.
This catalogue accompanies the exhibition of the same title held at the Barbican Art Gallery, 17 October 1991-12 January 1992.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- Japanese influences -- Exhibitions.Art, Japanese -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Art, Japanese -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Art, Japanese -- British influences -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- 19th century -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.East and West.