Japan and Britain : an aesthetic dialogue 1850-1930 / edited and with texts by Tomoko Sato and Toshio Watanabe ; with essays by Sir Hugh Cortazzi, Shuji Takashina and Ellen P. Conant.
- London : Lund Humphries in association with Barbican Art Gallery and the Setagaya Art Museum, 1991.
- Physical Description:
- 175 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7354 J27 1991 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 169-172) and artist index.
This catalogue accompanies the exhibition of the same title held at the Barbican Art Gallery, 17 October 1991-12 January 1992.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- Japanese influences -- Exhibitions.Art, Japanese -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Art, Japanese -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Art, Japanese -- British influences -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- 19th century -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.East and West.
YCBA Collections Search
Japan and Britain , 1991