A treatise on the decorative part of civil architecture : illustrated by fifty original, and three additional plates, engraved by old Rooker, old Foudrinier, Charles Grignion, and other eminent hands / by Sir William Chambers, K.P.S. ...
- Additional Title(s):
Treatise on civil architecture
- Third edition, considerably augmented.
- London : Printed by Joseph Smeeton, in St. Martin's Lane, Charing Cross : sold by T. Cadell, bookseller and printer to the Royal Academy, Strand : I. and J. Taylor, Hoborn : J. Walter, Charing Cross : R. Robson, New Bond Street : and R. Sayer, Fleet Steet, MDCCXCI 
- Physical Description:
- , vi, , 8-137,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 54 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 63Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- First published in 1759 as 'A treatise on civil architecture'.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 125
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 40.3
English short title catalogue, T174022
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Details.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architectural.Robson, R. -- Bookseller.
- Engravings -- England -- London -- 1791.
YCBA Collections Search
Chambers, William, Sir, 1723-1796, A treatise on the decorative part of civil architecture , MDCCXCI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.