IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Characters in the grand fancy ball given by the British ambassador Sir Henry Wellesley, at Vienna, at the conclusion of the carnival 1826 , MDCCCXXVII 
Characters in the grand fancy ball given by the British ambassador Sir Henry Wellesley, at Vienna, at the conclusion of the carnival 1826 : in thirteen highly coloured plates : with a description of the entertainment of that occasion.
- Additional Title(s):
Characters in the grand fancy ball at Vienna
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann, 96, Strand, MDCCCXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- 16 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA566.3 .C43 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- The costumes were drawn from the works of Sir Walter Scott and Baron La Motte Fouqué.
Eleven quadrilles are described.
Includes list of notable attendees and the costume worn by each.
Half-title: Characters in the grand fancy ball at Vienna.
Printed by J. Moyes, Took's Court, Chancery Lane.
One plate bound as frontispiece.
Hardie, M. English coloured books, p. 116
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Balls (Parties) -- Austria -- Vienna -- 19th century.Carnival costume -- Austria -- Vienna.Costume -- Great Britain.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1828.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.La Motte-Fouqué, Friedrich Heinrich Karl, Freiherr de, 1777-1843 -- Adaptations.Masques -- 19th century.Moyes, J. -- Printer.Quadrille (Dance).Scott, Walter, 1771-1832 -- Adaptations.Wellesley, Henry, Baron Cowley, 1773-1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.