Cheselden, William, 1688-1752, The anatomy of the human body , 1740
The anatomy of the human body / by W. Cheselden ...
- Fifth edition : with forty copper plates engraved by Ger. Vandergucht.
- London : Printed by William Bowyer, 1740.
- Physical Description:
- , 336 p., ,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQM21 C5 1740Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved t.p. and frontispiece.
First edition with these plates, and first to omit the Syllabus.
Edition of 250 copies. Cf. preliminary p. .
English short title catalogue, T077398.
Russell, K.F. British anatomy 155.
Catalogue of printed books in the Wellcome Historical Medical Library, II:335.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: p. 325-326 wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy contains ms. notations.
- Subject Terms:
- Booysenman, William -- Autograph.Bowyer, William -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1740.Human anatomy -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.