Child's advanced drawing book.
- Additional Title(s):
Advanced drawing book
- [London : Published by Charles Tilt, No. 86, Fleet Street, ca. 1840]
- Physical Description:
- 24 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 25 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 C45 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs of Hampstead and its vicinity, from drawings by George Childs.
Imprint information from plates.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Lithographs printed by Graf & Soret.
Jenkins, S. Images of Hampstead, 55-59; p. 15
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 235
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's gilt-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Graf & Soret -- PrinterGreat Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hampstead (London, England) -- Pictorial works.Hampstead Heath (London, England) -- Pictorial works.Tilt, Charles -- Publisher
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.