Chinese landskips, [ca. 1752?]
- Chinese landskips.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Chinese landscapes.
- [London] : Printed for Robert Sayer, at the Golden Buck, opposite Fetter-Lane. Fleet Street & H. Overton, without Newgate, [ca. 1752?]
- Physical Description:
- 12 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 23 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS711 C55 1752+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- With engraved illustrations of palaces, pagodas, river scenes, a triumphal arch, and shops, along with city views of Peking and Canton.
Engravings by J. Couse; after Augustin Heckel.
Robert Sayer published, circa 1752, several illustrated works concerning Chinese architecture, but these plates do not appear to belong to any of those known works.
British Art Center copy contains 9 plates. Other known copies located in auction catalogs appear to contain 12 plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later half morocco and marbled boards.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- China -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Chinese -- Early works to 1800.China -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1752.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.