IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Chinese landskips, [ca. 1752?]
- Additional Title(s):
- [London] : Printed for Robert Sayer, at the Golden Buck, opposite Fetter-Lane. Fleet Street & H. Overton, without Newgate, [ca. 1752?]
- Physical Description:
- 12 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 23 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS711 C55 1752+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- With engraved illustrations of palaces, pagodas, river scenes, a triumphal arch, and shops, along with city views of Peking and Canton.
Engravings by J. Couse; after Augustin Heckel.
Robert Sayer published, circa 1752, several illustrated works concerning Chinese architecture, but these plates do not appear to belong to any of those known works.
British Art Center copy contains 9 plates. Other known copies located in auction catalogs appear to contain 12 plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later half morocco and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- China -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Chinese -- Early works to 1800.China -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1752.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher
- IIIF Manifest:
The Line of Beauty : British Drawings and Watercolors of the Eighteenth Century (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-05-19 - 2001-08-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.