Christie, James, 1773-1831, An essay on that earliest species of idolatry , 1814
An essay on that earliest species of idolatry : the worship of the elements / by J. Christie.
- Additional Title(s):
Worship of the elements
- Norwich : Printed at the Stanhopian Press of Stevenson, Matchett, and Stevenson, Norwich. And may be had of Messrs. White and Cochrane, Fleet-Street, and of Messrs. Payne and Foss, Pall-Mall, London, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, 26 p.,  folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBL435 .C47 1814+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: Worship of the elements.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 438
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in quarter green roan with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- China -- History.Essays, English.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1814.Nature worship.Religions -- History.Stevenson, Matchett, and Stevenson -- Printer.Symbolism -- History.Symbolism -- Religious aspects.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.