Churches of Islington.
- [Islington] : Published September, 1841, by K.J. Ford, 6, Upper Street, Islington. Printed by Fairland, 45, St. John's Square, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 pt. : all ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .C48 1841+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The imprint to Part 2 is dated December, 1841.
Tinted lithographs, unsigned.
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 204
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 238
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Unbound. Includes 2 copies of the title plate to part 2.
- Subject Terms:
- Church architecture -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Church buildings -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Fairland -- Printer.Ford, K.J. -- Publisher.Islington (London, England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1841.
- Part 1: [Title]
- St. Mary's, High Street
- Holloway Chapel
- The Old Church, Islington, as it was in 1750
- All Saints, Chalk Road
- St. Peter's, River Lane
- Part 2: [Title]
- Trinity Church, Cloudesley Square
- St. Stephen's, Portland Place
- St. James's, Holloway
- St. John's, Upper Holloway
- St. Paul's, Ball's Pond.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.