Clarke, T. H. (Thomas Hutchings), Eastbury illustrated , 1834
- Eastbury illustrated : by elevations, plans, sections, views, and other delineations of that once magnificent mansion, measured, drawn engraved, and architecturally described by Thomas Hutchings Clarke / with a historical sketch by William Henry Black.
- London : John Weale, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- 14,  p., 16 leaves of plates : ill. 37 in.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7625.E27 C53 1834+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by T.H. Clarke and G.F. Storm; after T.H. Clarke. Final two plates "aquatinted & coloured by H.H. Waddell".
Wood-engraved vignette by Thomas Williams, after T.H. Clarke.
Printed by Samuel Bentley, Dorset Street, Fleet Street.
Title page printed in black and red.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 417
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary patterned green cloth.
- Eastbury Ground Plan -- Eastbury plan of the first floor -- Eastbury plan of the second floor -- Eastbury transverse section -- Eastbury elevation of principal front -- Eastbury elevation of east side -- Eastbury door-way of porch -- Elevation of one of the windows of hall -- Eastbury chimney piece of hall -- Chimney piece of western room over hall -- Eastbury details -- Eastbury details of iron work -- Eastbury view in the court -- Eastbury general view restored -- Eastbury west side of room over hall -- Two compartments of painting in gallery.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Bentley, Samuel -- Printer.Eastbury Manor (Barking, England) -- History.Weale, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1834.
Wood engravings -- 1834.
Engravings -- 1834.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.