IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Clarke, T. H. (Thomas Hutchings), Eastbury illustrated , 1834
Eastbury illustrated : by elevations, plans, sections, views, and other delineations of that once magnificent mansion, measured, drawn engraved, and architecturally described by Thomas Hutchings Clarke / with a historical sketch by William Henry Black.
- London : John Weale, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- 14,  p., 16 leaves of plates : ill. 37 in.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7625.E27 C53 1834+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engravings by T.H. Clarke and G.F. Storm; after T.H. Clarke. Final two plates "aquatinted & coloured by H.H. Waddell".
Wood-engraved vignette by Thomas Williams, after T.H. Clarke.
Printed by Samuel Bentley, Dorset Street, Fleet Street.
Title page printed in black and red.
Includes bibliographical references.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 417
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary patterned green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Bentley, Samuel -- Printer.Eastbury Manor (Barking, England) -- History.Weale, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1834.
Wood engravings -- 1834.
Engravings -- 1834.
- Eastbury Ground Plan
- Eastbury plan of the first floor
- Eastbury plan of the second floor
- Eastbury transverse section
- Eastbury elevation of principal front
- Eastbury elevation of east side
- Eastbury door-way of porch
- Elevation of one of the windows of hall
- Eastbury chimney piece of hall
- Chimney piece of western room over hall
- Eastbury details
- Eastbury details of iron work
- Eastbury view in the court
- Eastbury general view restored
- Eastbury west side of room over hall
- Two compartments of painting in gallery.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.