Swiss scenery / from drawings by Major Cockburn.
- London : Published by Rodwell & Martin, New Bond Street, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 114 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1724 .C63 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1724 .C63 1820+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Charles Heath, Edward Goodall, James Lewis, Charles Westwood, Alfred Robert Freebairn, Robert Wallis, Charles Askey, George James Corbould, William Raymond Smith, Charles Pye, Edward Francis Finden; after James Pattison Cockburn.
Originall published in 12 parts, with 5 plates in each part.
Title page is engraved.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 5, 26
Eng. cat. of books, Prel. vol., p. 123
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary maroon half morocco and marbled boards. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 in publisher's 12 original parts, in printed paper wrappers. Imprint on front cover: "London : Printed for Rodwell and Martin, New Bond Street; sold also by J. and A.. Arch, Cornhill. Hamilton, Printer, London." Publisher's notices to the reader tipped in nos. I, II, VI, VIII. Publisher's advertisements on verso of back cover of no. II-XII. With the bookseller's label R. Milliken, Dublin, on nos. VII and XI.
- Subject Terms:
- Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.J. and A. Arch -- Bookseller.Milliken, R. -- Provenance.Rodwell and Martin -- Publisher.Switzerland -- Description and travel.Switzerland -- Pictorial works.
- Steel engravings -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.