Sketches of the architectural beauties of Wells and Glastonbury : in sixteen plates / by Edward S. Cole.
- [England?] : [s.n.], [1852?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471.W4 C65 1852+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Each plate accompanied by a page of descriptive letterpress.
List of subscriber's: p. .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown boards, printed in blue and red. Bookplate: Cathedray Library, Ely. Bookplate: R. Reynolds Rowe. Ms inscription: R. Reynolds Rowe from Rev. J Gibson. Jesus Coll. Cambridge Dec. 1853.
- Subject Terms:
- Cathedral Library, Ely -- Bookplate.Church architecture -- England -- Wells -- Pictorial works.Gibson, J., Rev. -- Pres. insc. to R. Reynolds Rowe, Dec. 1852.Glastonbury Abbey -- Pictorial works.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1852.Rowe, R. Reynolds -- Bookplate.Rowe, R. Reynolds -- Pres. insc. from Rev. J. Gibson, Dec. 1852.Wells (England) -- Pictorial works.Wells Cathedral -- Pictorial works.
- Subscriber's lists.
- West front of Wells Cathedral
- Lower part of north west tower
- Chain Gate
- Staircase from Chapter House
- Chain Gate, east front
- Lady Chapel
- East end of Wells Cathedral
- Chapel of Bishop of Bath and Wells from Palace Garden
- Interior of Chapel of Bishop of Bath and Wells
- Vicar's Close looking South
- Vicar's Hall
- Pennyless Porch
- Brown's Gate
- Chapel of St. Joseph of Arimathea, Glastonbury Abbey
- North door of Chapel of St. Joseph of Arimathea
- The Abbey kitchen, Glastonbury.