A collection of prints illustrative of English scenery, from the drawings and sketches of Thos. Gainsborough, R.A. : in the various collections of the Right Honourable Baroness Lucas, Viscount Palmerston, George Hibbert, Esq., Dr. Monro, and several other gentlemen.
- London : Engraved by W.F. Wells and J. Laporte, and published by John and Josiah Boydell, Cheapside; and at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall-Mall, [1819?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 43 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 35Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 203
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. 37 of the 60 plates are hand-colored. Bound in contemporary gilt tooled crimson morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Landscape painting, English -- 19th century.Landscapes -- England.Painting, English -- 19th century.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1819.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788, A collection of prints illustrative of English scenery, from the drawings and sketches of Thos. Gainsborough, R.A. , [1819?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.