Martz, Louis L. (Louis Lohr), 1913-2001, From Renaissance to baroque , c1991
From Renaissance to baroque : essays on literature and art / by Louis L. Martz.
- Columbia : University of Missouri Press, c1991.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 277 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR533 M37 1991 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- The essays on Donne's Anniversaries and on The masks of mannerism: Thomas Carew have been revised and updated.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- England.Baroque literature -- History and criticism.English poetry -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism.Renaissance -- England.
- English religious poetry
- Donne and Herbert
- Donne's Anniversaries revisited
- The generous ambiguity of Herbert's Temple
- Marlowe's "amorous poem"
- Spenser's Amoretti
- Pure and impure pastoral
- The Winter's tale
- The masks of mannerism : Herrick and Marvell
- The masks of mannerism : Thomas Carew
- Richard Crashaw
- Vaughan and Rembrandt.