Martz, Louis Lohr, From Renaissance to baroque , c1991
- From Renaissance to baroque : essays on literature and art / by Louis L. Martz.
- Columbia : University of Missouri Press, c1991.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 277 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR533 M37 1991 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The essays on Donne's Anniversaries and on The masks of mannerism: Thomas Carew have been revised and updated.
- English religious poetry -- Donne and Herbert -- Donne's Anniversaries revisited -- The generous ambiguity of Herbert's Temple -- Marlowe's "amorous poem" -- Spenser's Amoretti -- Pure and impure pastoral -- The Winter's tale -- The masks of mannerism : Herrick and Marvell -- The masks of mannerism : Thomas Carew -- Richard Crashaw -- Vaughan and Rembrandt.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- England.Baroque literature -- History and criticism.English poetry -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism.Renaissance -- England.