The history of Johnny Quae Genus, the little foundling of the late Doctor Syntax : a poem, in eight monthly numbers, price 2s. 6d. each / written by the author of the three tours of Doctor Syntax ... ; with coloured engravings, from designs by T. Rowlandson, Esq.
- [London] : Published by R. Ackermann, No. 101, Strand, London ... and may be had of all the booksellers in the United Kingdom, 1821-1822.
- Physical Description:
-  pts. (267,  p.,  leaves of plates) : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3359.C5 H57 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from wrappers.
Printed by J. Diggens, St. Ann's Lane, London.
Parts 1-6 dated 1821. Parts 7-8 dated 1822.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 268
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1974, p. 335
Prideaux, S.T. Aquatint engraving. London, 1975, p. 133
Hardie, M. English coloured books, 1973, p. 174
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original brown printers wrappers, as issued. Contain publisher's advertisements on verso of front wrapper and on recto and verso of end wrapper. Bookplate: Fitz Eugene Dixon. Ms inscription on front wrapper of pt. 1-3 and 7-8: W Ward.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Diggens, J. -- Printer.Dixon, Fitz Eugene -- Bookplate.Ward, W -- Autograph.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821-1822.
YCBA Collections Search
Combe, William, 1742-1823, The history of Johnny Quae Genus, the little foundling of the late Doctor Syntax , 1821-1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.