The comforts of human life, or, Smiles and laughter of Charles Chearful and Martin Merryfellow : in seven dialogues.
- Additional Title(s):
Comforts of human life
Smiles and laughter of Charles Chearful and Martin Merryfellow
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for Oddy and Co. 27, Oxford Street, by J. and W. Smith, King Street, Seven Dials, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 226 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4785.H78 C66 1807Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Satirical answer to the Miseries of human life.
Attributed to Robert Heron. Cf. Halkett & Laing.
Frontispiece aquatint engraving signed: I.H. Green [i.e. John Hippisley Green?].
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous English literature (1926-62 edition), v.1, p. 379
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 306
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original blue boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Oddy and Co. -- Publisher.Smith, J. -- Printer.Smith, W. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1807.
YCBA Collections Search
Heron, Robert, 1764-1807, The comforts of human life, or, Smiles and laughter of Charles Chearful and Martin Merryfellow , 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.