The Cambrian Mountains, or, A tour through Wales : describing the scenery and general characters of that romantic country : embellished with a series of highly-finished coloured views, engraved from original drawings / by Messrs. Turner, R.A ... [et al.].
- Additional Title(s):
Tour through Wales
- London : Published for the Proprietors, 1851.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA730 .C66 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Compiled from surplus sheets of various editions of Compton's Northern Mountains. The first half of the book is erratically numbered with the plates and text of the 1818 edition. The latter part contains material dated as late as 1836, but old sheets and plates were also employed; watermarks range from 1819 to 1833. Probably compiled by Messrs. Bohn, to be sold cheaply for clearance. Cf. Abbey.
The aquatints are printed in sepia and blue.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 528
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped red cloth.
Aquatints by James Baily, T. Cartwright, John Heaviside Clark, T.H. Fielding, Daniel Havell, Charles Hunt, George Hunt, Henry Pyall, and Thomas Sutherland; after David Cox, Peter DeWint, Copley Fielding, John Glover, William Havell, J.P. Neale, Francis Nicholson, H. Parry, Samuel Prout, George Fennel Robson, J.M.W. Turner, John Varley, and T. Wood.
- Subject Terms:
- Cambrian Mountains (Wales) -- Description and travel.Landscapes -- Wales.Mountains -- Wales.Wales -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Compton, Thomas, Royal Military Academy, Woolwich, The Cambrian Mountains, or, A tour through Wales , 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.