A treatise on the general principles, powers and facility of application of the Congreve rocket system, as compared with artillery : showing the various applications of this weapon, both for sea and land service, and its uses in the field and in sieges : illustrated by plates of the principal exercises and cases of actual service : with a demonstration of the comparative economy of the system / by Major-Gen. Sir W. Congreve, Bart. M.P. F.R.S., &c. &c. &c. and dedicated to His Most Gracious Majesty, George the Fourth.
- London : Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, Paternoster-Row, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- 84 p., 12 folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUF767 C66 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by A. & R. Spottiswoode, New Street Square.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped red boards, with publisher's printed title label partially lacking.
- Subject Terms:
- A. & R. Spottiswoode -- Printer.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green -- Publisher.Rocket launchers (Ordnance)Rockets (Ordnance)
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
Congreve, William, Sir, 1772-1828, A treatise on the general principles, powers and facility of application of the Congreve rocket system, as compared with artillery , 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.