Animals after the first masters : for examples in drawing / by George Cooke.
- London : Moon, Boys and Graves, 1829
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC780 .C66 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by George Cooke; after Karel Dujardin, Dirck Stoop, Christian Wilhelm Ernst Dietrich, Heinrich Wilhelm Schweickhardt, Paulus Potter, Nicolaas Pietersz Berchem, Jacob Gerritsz Cuyp, Adrian van de Velde, Jean-Jacques de Boissieu.
Imprint information from plates: Engraved under the superintendence of George Cooke. London, Published July 1, 1829, by Moon, Boys & Graves, 6 Pall Mall.
BAC: Original yellow wrappers.
BAC: Label mounted on cover: Animals after the first masters for examples in drawing / by George Cooke. Thirty plates. Price two guineas and a half.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in artDrawing books -- SpecimensDu Vernet, Georges -- Pres. insc. from Thomas Penrose, 1850.Moon, Boys & Graves -- Publisher.Penrose, Thomas -- Pres. insc. to Georges Du Vernet, 1850.Zoological illustration
- Etchings -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.