Cooper, George, active 1792-1830, Prospectus for publishing in subscription The Oxford portfolio , 
- Prospectus for publishing in subscription The Oxford portfolio : offered to the nobility and gentry of the university / by G. Cooper.
- Oxford : Baxter, printer, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( pages) ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.O98 C66 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from Cordeaux.
Illustrations by George Cooper were published in Walks in Oxford (Oxford: W. Baxter for R. Pearson, 1817).
"It is proposed to publish by subscription a series of Views of the most picturesque and architecturally interesting subjects in and about the City of Oxford, on a scale large enough to exhibit a perfect idea of those beautiful buildings."--Page .
"Subscribers' names will be received by Mr. Parker, bookseller, in the Turle; Mr. Ward and Mr. Wyatt, print sellers; Mr. Pearson, bookseller; and Mr. Jubber, confectionner, High Street; and by G. Cooper, at his lodgings at Miss Padbury's in Holywell."--Page .
Cordeaux, E.H. A bibliography of the printed works relating to the University of Oxford, 308
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- Oxford.Book industries and trade -- Great Britain.Oxford (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.University of Oxford.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.