Architectural reliques, or, Present state of the most celebrated remains of ancient British architecture and sculpture / by George Cooper, architect.
- Additional Title(s):
Present state of the most celebrated remains of ancient British architecture and sculpture
- London : Printed for the author, by J. Barfield, Wardour-Street. And sold by T. Gardiner, Princes-Street, Cavendish-Square, and J. & A. Arch, Cornhill, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- , 24 p., 8, 7 leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA963.G66 C66 1807+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- In two sections. The first is a description of Llandaff Cathedral. The second is a description of Tintern Abbey and the surrounding area.
Aquatints by and after George Cooper.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v.6, 832
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: plate 4 in second collation of leaves of plates missing. As this plate is also lacking in the British Library copy it may never have been published.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Gothic -- Great Britain.Barfield, J. -- Printer.Brander, Miss -- Autograph.Church architecture -- Great Britain.Etching -- Specimens -- 1807.Gardiner, J. -- Publisher.J. &. A. Arch -- Publisher.Llandaff Cathedral (Llandaff, Wales) -- Pictorial works.Ruins in art.Tintern Abbey -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1807.
YCBA Collections Search
Cooper, George, active 1792-1830, Architectural reliques, or, Present state of the most celebrated remains of ancient British architecture and sculpture , 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.