[Costumes of Vatican and Church dignitaries] [graphic].
- [Italy?] : [publisher not identified], [1840?]
- Physical Description:
- 30 pictures on 5 joined sheets : hand-colored engravings ; sheets end-to-end 11 x 229 cm, accordion folded to 11 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX2790 .C67 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 553
The office of each individual is identified, in Italian, by a caption underneath.
Title supplied by cataloger.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original embossed red card folder. Reverse of the first panel is inscribed, in black ink, with a verse from Revelations.
30 colored engravings depicting costumes of Vatican and Church dignitaries, on a single accordion-folded strip.
- Subject Terms:
- Church vestments -- Catholic Church -- Pictorial works.Clergy -- Clothing.Costume -- Vatican City -- Pictorial works.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.