The social day : a poem, in four cantos / by Peter Coxe ; illustrated with thirty-two engravings.
- London : Printed by J. Moyes, Grebille Street, for James Carpenter & Son, Old Bond Street; and R. Ackermann, Strand, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- x, , xii-xvi, , 354,  p., 32 leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4508 .C52 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added engraved title page.
Subcriber's list: p. -.
Engravings by Edward Scriven, William Bond, J. Scott, John Byrne, Henry Moses, John Landseer, Anker Smith, Thomas Bragge, William Skelton, John Burnett, Samuel Middiman, William Bond, T. Thomson, and Charles Turner Warren; after Alfred Edward Chalon, Robert Cooper, T. Herme, Robert Lugar, John Buonaratti Papworth, Guido Reni, W. H. Pyne, Henry Bernard Chalon, J. Green, John Constable, Robert Hills, Henry Singleton, William Alexander, William Redman Bigg, George Garrard, James Ward, Augustus Wall Calcott, Robert Smirke, Thomas Stothard, J. Jackson, W. Nash, George Jones, and David Wilkie.
BAC: British Art Center copy is a large paper copy. Plates are proofs, printed on india paper. Bound in gilt- and blind-stamped brown morocco, with gilt edges. Tipped in: ALS, 1824 April 5, from the author to an unidentified subscriber. Laid in: "Memorial to the late Lord Leverhulme: A group of statuary." Bookplates: W. H. Lever; Sir W. Hesketh Lever; Louis Van Ess; Baron Leverhulme.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.English poetry -- 19th century.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Poetry.James Carpenter & Son -- Publisher.Leverhulme, William Hesketh Lever, 1st Viscount, 1851-1925 -- Bookplate.Moyes, J. -- Printer.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Van Ess, Louis -- Bookplate.
- Subscriber's lists.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.