IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cracklow, Charles Thomas, Lithographic views of all the churches and chapels of ease in the county of Surrey , [1823-]1824
Lithographic views of all the churches and chapels of ease in the county of Surrey : sketched on the spot : accompanied by brief notices of their history, topograpy, and antiquities.
- [London ] : Published ... and sold by the booksellers of the several market towns in the county, also by J. Taylor at his Architectural Library, 59 High Holburn by J. Harding Bookseller, 36 St. James' Street, and by C.T. Cracklow, the author and proprietor at his office, No. 1 Crane Court, Fleet Street, [1823-]1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5469.S8 C73 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title and imprint from wrappers.
Illustratrions by Charles Burton. Printed by P. Simonau.
Originally issued in parts.
Later published in 1827 under title: Views of the churches and chapel of Surrey. London: J. Taylor, 1827.
Each plate accompanied by page of descriptive letterpress.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 736
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards. Original paper wrapper, dated 1824, inserted as the title page. Ms inscription on wrapper: No. 25 & 26. At head of title: "Containing six views &c., Price 6/- to subscribers and 7/6 to non subscribers". Also contains a leaf of circular and leaf of Dedication, as well as a manuscript index of the churches.
- Subject Terms:
- Church architecture -- England -- Surrey.Church buildings -- England -- Surrey.J. Taylor at the Architectural Library -- Publisher.Landscape -- England -- Surrey.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1823-1824.Simonau, P. -- Printer.Surrey (England) -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.