Craig, W. M. (William Marshall), approximately 1765-approximately 1834, Sports of love , 1818
- Sports of love : in six poems and six etchings / by W.M. Craig.
- London : Printed by B. R. Howlett, 10, Frith Street, Soho, for Thomas M'Lean, and sold by all booksellers and prinsellers, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- , iii-21,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4515.C5 S66 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each poem accompanied by an engraved image of cupids.
"Dedicated to the ladies of the British Empire."--Title page.
With an added engraved title page.
Engravings with imprint: "Pubd. Jany. 1, 1807, by Edwd. Orme, Bond St."
BM (compact edition), v. 6, 593
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red morocco. Blind- and gilt-tooled diamond design on front and back covers. Gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Cupid (Roman deity) -- In art.Howlett, B. R. -- Printer.Love poetry, English.M'Lean, T. -- Publisher.Orme, Edw. -- Publisher.Poetry, English -- 19th century.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.