Picturesque scenery in North Wales , 1842
- Picturesque scenery in North Wales : from original drawings by eminent artists.
- Carnarvon : William Potter & Co., 1842.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA740.N6 P53 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs, some tinted, by and after William Crane and J.C. Napper.
Illustrated title page is lithographed.
Abbey, J. R. Scenery, 527
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original quarter green roan and green cloth, with lithographed title page reproduced on label affixed to front cover. Inscribed: Henry Jones, July 17th, 1844, Wimbledon Hill, bought at Carnarvon.
- Penrhyn slate quarries -- The Devil's Bridge -- Carnarvon -- The Menai Bridge -- Conray Bridge -- The summit of Snowdon -- The Eagle Tower -- Cader Idris -- Beaumaris -- Rhaiadr Y Wennol -- Aberystwyth -- Beddgelert -- Vale of Festiniog -- Bangor -- Beaumaris -- Llanberis Lakes -- The Pass of Llanberis -- Pont Aberglaslyn -- Snowdon from Llanberis Lakes -- Carnarvon Castle -- Penrhyn Castle -- Harlech Castle -- Fall at Llanberis -- Beaumaris -- Penrhyn Castle -- Entrance of the Menai Bridge (2) -- Vale Crucis Abbey (2) -- Nant Frangon -- Barmouth -- Aberdovey -- The Great Hall, Beaumaris Castle.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Castles -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Jones, Henry -- Autograph.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1842.W. Potter & Co. -- Publisher.Wales -- Pictorial works.Wales, North -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.