Picturesque scenery in North Wales : from original drawings by eminent artists.
- Carnarvon : William Potter & Co., 1842.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA740.N6 P53 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs, some tinted, by and after William Crane and J.C. Napper.
Illustrated title page is lithographed.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 527
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original quarter green roan and green cloth, with lithographed title page reproduced on label affixed to front cover. Inscribed: Henry Jones, July 17th, 1844, Wimbledon Hill, bought at Carnarvon.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Castles -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Jones, Henry -- Autograph.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1842.W. Potter & Co. -- Publisher.Wales -- Pictorial works.Wales, North -- Pictorial works.
- Penrhyn slate quarries
- The Devil's Bridge
- The Menai Bridge
- Conray Bridge
- The summit of Snowdon
- The Eagle Tower
- Cader Idris
- Rhaiadr Y Wennol
- Vale of Festiniog
- Llanberis Lakes
- The Pass of Llanberis
- Pont Aberglaslyn
- Snowdon from Llanberis Lakes
- Carnarvon Castle
- Penrhyn Castle
- Harlech Castle
- Fall at Llanberis
- Penrhyn Castle
- Entrance of the Menai Bridge (2)
- Vale Crucis Abbey (2)
- Nant Frangon
- The Great Hall, Beaumaris Castle.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.