Cox, David, 1783-1859, A series of progressive lessons intended to elucidate the art of landscape painting in water colour , 1823
- A series of progressive lessons intended to elucidate the art of landscape painting in water colour : with introductory illustrations on perspective and drawing with pencil.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Painting in water colours.
- Fifth edition.
- London : T. Clay, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 32 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2420 C68 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Life 116.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: In original boards, as issued. Cover title: Painting in water colours.
Bicknell, Peter. Gilpin to Ruskin. London, 1988. 17.
First edition to show evidence of Cox's contribution. Cf. Bicknell.
Illustrations by D. Cox and G. Hunt.
Printed by T. White & Co., 14, Bear Alley.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, T. -- Publisher.Drawing books -- Specimens.Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.Landscape painting -- Technique.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1823.Watercolor painting -- Technique.White (T). & Co. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 1823.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.