A series of progressive lessons intended to elucidate the art of painting in water colours : with introductory illustrations on perspective and drawing with pencil.
- Additional Title(s):
Cox on landscape.
- Eighth edition.
- London : Ackermann and Co., 1841.
- Physical Description:
- 24 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2420 C68 1841+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 119.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Bicknell, Peter. Gilpin to Ruskin. London, 1988. p. 36.
Ackermann's name replaces Thomas Clay's, publisher of earlier editions, throughout.
BAC: Bound in original boards, as issued. Cover title: Cox on landscape.
Illustrations by David Cox and David Cox junr. Some illustrations printed by A. Ducote.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann and Co. -- Publisher.Drawing books -- Specimens.Ducôte, A. -- Printer.Etching -- Specimens -- 1841.Landscape painting -- Technique.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1841.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Aquatints -- 1841.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1841.
YCBA Collections Search
Cox, David, 1783-1859, A series of progressive lessons intended to elucidate the art of painting in water colours , 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.