Coxe, William, 1747-1828, [Plates from William Coxe's Travels in Switzerland], 
[Plates from William Coxe's Travels in Switzerland]
- [London] : [Published as the Act directs by T. Cadell, London], 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves ( folded) : all ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ22 .C694 1794+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by Samuel Alken; after John "Warwick" Smith.
Map of Switzerland (Cadell, 1789) engraved by W. Palmer. Plan of the lakes of Thun & Brientz drawn by F. Baker.
Imprint information from plates.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 54
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary red half calf and brown boards.
A set of proof plates, without a title page, to illustrate the 1824 edition of Coxe's Travels in Switzerland (ESTC T133962).
- Subject Terms:
- Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Switzerland -- Description and travel.Switzerland -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1794.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1794.
Engravings -- 1794.
- Fall of the Rhine
- Castle of Hapsburgh in Switzerland
- Pierre Pertuis
- Hermitage near Soleure
- Abbey of Engelberg
- In the valley of Munster
- Glacier of Bosson
- The bouquetin
- Full grown male nouquetin. Head of a male bouquetin
- Castle of Chillon
- Ossuray of Morat
- Lake of Como
- Mont Splugen
- St Giacomo
- Via Mala
- Castle of Retzuns
- The Alps as seen from Berne
- Plan of Lakes of Thun & Brientz
- Map of Switzerland.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.