Narrative of the siege and capture of Bhurtpore : in the province of Agra, Upper Hindoostan, by the forces under ... General ... Lord Combermere ... in the latter end of 1825, and beginning of 1826 / by J.N. Creighton ...
- Additional Title(s):
Siege of Bhurtpore
- London : Printed for the author, sold by Parbury, Allen and Co. ..., Egerton ..., and Simpkin and Marshall ..., 1830.
- Physical Description:
- iii-viii, , ix-xxiii, , 1-14, , 15-168 p., 8 leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill., map, plan ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS475.7 .C74 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithography by George Edward Madeley.
Printed by B. M'Millan, Bow-Street, Covent-Garden.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 454
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in brown paper-covered boards. Paper label on spine: Siege of Bhurtpore.
- Subject Terms:
- Anglo-Burmese War, 1st, 1824-1826.Bharatpur (Princely State) -- History.India -- History -- British occupation, 1765-1947.McMillan, B., printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
Lithographs -- 1830.
- Contents of the plates: Bhurtpore (map)
- Sketch of the North East Angle, or Gopalghur Division of Bhurtpore, shewing the several parallels, trenches, & batteries (map)
- Investment of Bhurtpore (map)
- Jhauts of cavalry & infantry in their military costume
- North-East Angle Bastion, The breach at which Major General Reynell's division entered Bhurtpore
- Long necked bastion, the breach at which Major General Nicolls' division entered Bhurtpore
- Sketch of the citadel of Bhurtpore
- Brass gun taken at Bhurtpore, Jany 18th 1826.